Slips and Falls Lawyers in Salt Lake City, UT
George Tait Law: Experienced Slips and Falls Attorney in Salt Lake City, UT
At George Tait Law, our experienced slips and falls attorney in Salt Lake City, Utah knows nothing is funny about being caught off guard and injured as a result. Slips and falls accidents, or premises liability accidents as they are also known, can cause serious injuries to unsuspecting victims, and when negligence is the cause, our Salt Lake City slips and falls attorney will fight for justice for our Salt Lake County residents.
In the State of Utah, individuals who enter any property are considered either an invitee, a licensee, or a trespasser. Depending on your qualification, your slip and fall case's outcome will drastically change, which is why hiring an accomplished Salt Lake City slip and fall lawyer is so important. With nearly 15 years of successfully recovering financial settlements for premises liability victims in Salt Lake City, George Tait Law can help you pursue the negligent party who caused your injury, too.
Slip, Trip, and Fall Statistics, Causes, and Injuries in Salt Lake City, Utah
Bracing for a slip, trip, and fall is nearly impossible, which is what makes the circumstances surrounding their injuries so painful and severe.
Common causes of slips and falls in Salt Lake City, UT can include, but are not limited to:
- Cracked or uneven stairs, sidewalks, and walkways
- Dangerous areas or construction zones without proper barriers or safety fencing
- Lack of signage denoting dangerous conditions
- Poorly lit parking lots, garages, elevators, and stairwells
- Rugs and carpets that are rolled or ripped
- Slippery or wet tile and linoleum floors in grocery stores, shopping malls, and restaurants
- Stairs without handrails
The statistics surrounding slips and falls are reported through several government agencies that deliver differing views of how people are affected by these injuries throughout the country.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, slips and falls are responsible for:
- Over one million hospital visits each year
- The leading cause of workers' compensation claims in the United States
The CPSC – or Consumer Product Safety Commission – states that:
- Floors, including flooring components and materials, contribute directly to over two million fall injuries around the country each year
And the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that:
- Of all slip and fall accidents reported at work, 22% resulted in the injured victim missing over 31 days of employment
As Salt Lake City slip and fall attorney, our law office has seen each type of injury associated with these accidents including:
- Bruises, scratches, and scrapes
- Broken bones
- Dislocated joints, including hips and knees
- Torn ligaments and muscles
- Sprained ankles, knees, and shoulders
- Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and spine injuries
These injuries require medical care, time away from work, and expenses that you should not have to pay out of pocket after an accident. At George Tait Law, our Salt Lake City slips and falls attorney will pursue the person who caused your injuries for each financial strain imposed on you by their negligence.
How Can George Tait Law Help Slip and Fall Injury Victims in Salt Lake City, Utah?
In Salt Lake City, Utah slips and falls are as unpredictable as they are throughout the United States, and the injuries that result from these accidents can require extended medical care to fully recover.
When we take your Salt Lake City slip and fall case, we do so with the understanding that we are going to win. If we do not win your case, you do not pay our Salt Lake City personal injury law firm a single cent. Our fight for justice begins with understanding the circumstances surrounding your slips and falls in Salt Lake City.
We will quickly and fully investigate the location, facts, and operation of the property where your slip and fall occurred. Time is of the essence in slip and fall cases, as the negligent property owner or operator will work fast to cover up the injurious conditions.
Our Salt Lake City slips and falls lawyer will employ investigators and premises design experts who can determine where, when, and how the accident occurred through defective indications, evidence, and witness statements that will allow our Salt Lake City slips and falls law firm to present the best case available to provide a successful outcome for our clients.
Salt Lake City Slip and Fall Cases
Slip and fall cases are also called premises liability cases. In Utah, the person or entity who possesses the property may be held responsible for slips and falls that occur on the property.
Essentially there are three types of people involved in a slip and fall case:
- Invitee – one who has permission to enter or use another's premises, either as a business visitor or as a member of the public. The person or entity granting permission has a duty to inspect and to warn of non-obvious dangers.
- Licensee – one who has permission to enter or use the premises but only for his or her own purposes (such as a social guest).
- Trespasser – one who enters the property of another without the consent of the person or entity who would have granted permission.
Legal Rights in Slip and Fall Case
The rights and obligations of each party vary depending on the relationships between them and whether the slip and fall was caused by an open and obvious danger or a concealed (but known to the owner) danger.
Often we must prove that the possessor of the property knew or should have known of the condition that caused the slip and fall. This investigation is always fact intensive requiring thorough and detailed investigation. Salt Lake City Slip and Fall attorney experts are sometimes needed to show that a defect in the design of the property caused the slip and fall.
Contact Our Slip and Fall Attorney at George Tait Law in Salt Lake City, UT Today
If you have been injured in slips and falls accidents in Salt Lake City, UT contact our experienced slips and falls attorney at George Tait Law today by calling (801) 487-6454 or toll-free at (855) 207-6118 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. Our accomplished Salt Lake City slips and falls attorney will investigate your accident and design a strategic legal approach to holding the negligent party who caused your injuries responsible today. If we do not win your case, you do not pay – it is that simple.