Semi-Truck Accidents Lawyer Salt Lake City, Utah
Experienced Semi-truck Accident Attorneys in Salt Lake City, UT: George Tait Law
At George Tait Law, our Salt Lake City, UT truck accident attorney provides solutions for clients who have suffered injuries from traffic crashes throughout the city, and our Salt Lake County. Our Salt Lake City truck accident lawyers are committed to providing each truck accident victim in the State of Utah with the best legal representation available, so you can focus on healing and putting your life back together.
Truck accidents are complicated and require an experienced legal approach to resolve successfully. For nearly 15 years, our Salt Lake City truck accident law firm has held truck drivers, trucking companies, truck maintenance companies and manufacturers responsible for their negligent roles in injuring our clients. Our Salt Lake City truck accident lawyer can do the same for you and your family by pursuing the best financial settlement or jury verdict available for your case.
Semi-Truck Accident Statistics in Salt Lake City, Utah, and Throughout the United States
Semi-trucks play a prominent role in the country's shipping capabilities and are a substantial part of economic successes at city, state, and national levels.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's records indicate that:
- Over 3.5 million professional truck drivers are operating in the United States
- Approximately 15.5 million trucks operate throughout the country
- Semi-trucks make up only 15% of all commercial vehicles, but travel nearly half of all miles covered by commercial trucks throughout the U.S.
Safety is an important part of any trucking company's success. Unfortunately, the frequency of trucking accidents in Salt Lake City, UT and throughout the country reflects that negligence is an absolute factor in their operation.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, throughout the United States:
- 4,317 people were killed last year in traffic accidents involving large trucks, nearly a 5.5% increase from the previous year
- 3,127 of those killed in accidents involving large trucks were passengers of other vehicles
- 722 of those killed in accidents involving large trucks were the truck's occupants
- 468 of those killed in accidents involving large trucks were non-occupants, and included cyclists and pedestrians
Locally, the Utah Department of Safety reported last year:
- There were 38 fatal heavy truck accidents in our state, up from 25 the previous year
Any time there is a truck accident in Salt Lake City, UT, one thing is sure: The injuries are going to be significant, and time is of the essence in collecting evidence that will benefit our clients going forward.
Who Is Responsible for Truck Accidents in Salt Lake City, UT?
At George Tait Law, our Salt Lake City truck accident attorney has pursued each possible person or entity responsible for injuring our clients because of their negligence. While the process is complicated, our truck accident law firm focuses on investigative techniques and partnerships that allow our Salt Lake City truck accident attorney to pinpoint the errors that led up to the crash.
Negligence can be the result of the driver's actions or inactions, including:
- Exhaustion, or exceeding hours of service regulations outlined by the FMCSA
- Operating the truck under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Distracted driving, using cellphones, GPS or other electronic devices
- Reckless driving, including speeding, failing to yield, and/or not leaving enough room to navigate or stop properly
Trucking companies can also be negligent, and responsible for truck accidents due to:
- Improper hiring practices, placing inexperienced drivers on the road
- Failure to run proper background screenings, and/or failing to review licenses or previous accident reports
- Lack of training courses provided for drivers, ensuring they are properly certified
- Failure to provide drug, alcohol, or medical screenings for drivers
Manufacturers and maintenance crews may also be negligent by:
- Failing to issue recalls on dangerous parts or components
- Improper maintenance procedures, including skipping schedule appointments
- Lacking the proper review/replacement of dangerous parts, including tires, brakes, transmission, or steering elements
Successfully Investigating Truck Accidents in Salt Lake City, UT
Our dedicated Salt Lake City truck accident attorney, George Tait, begins our investigation by securing the truck, and the scene of the crash immediately following the accident. We focus on the driver's log book, and how many hours s/he has been operating their vehicle while partnering with accident recreation specialists who will diagram the accident's events allowing the scene to speak for itself.
Our Salt Lake City truck accident lawyer will document all witness testimonies, and law enforcement reports to create a timeline and causation statement using interviews, photos from the scene, our client's vehicle and injuries, and the truck's damage, faulty mechanics, and information obtained from and about the truck's driver to build a solid case against the individual or company responsible. Our Salt Lake City truck accident attorney will act quickly to ensure evidence is preserved and accounted for completely to pursue the best financial outcome available for our clients.
Contact Our Salt Lake City Truck Accident Attorneys at George Tait Law Today
If you have been injured in a truck accident, contact our dedicated truck accident attorney, George Tait, in Salt Lake City, UT today at (801) 487-6454 or toll-free at (855) 207-6118. Do not face the trucking company or their insurance representatives alone. Allow our Salt Lake City truck accident lawyer to direct all communication through our office while providing the best representation available, shifting the focus from stress and confusion to physical, emotional, financial recovery today. We provide free, no-obligation consultations, and if your truck accident case does not end in a settlement or jury verdict victory, you pay nothing.