Dental Negligence Lawsuits
Negligence occurs when a practitioner either does something he or she should not do or fails to do something he or she should have done. When this act or failure to act results in harm a personal injury case results. Whether there is negligence on the part of a facility owner or your dentist, harm to you results. There are different reasons to bring a negligence case to an attorney. In this blog we are exploring six common reasons that people file dental malpractice lawsuits.
Dental malpractice suits general arisefrom some common reasons:
- Anesthesia Complications – Surprisingly, there are many people that have allergic reactions to anesthesia. Anesthesia is also administered incorrectly. Which sets into motion reactions that are harmful.
- Tooth Extraction Problems – On occasion, when an extraction occurs some pieces of the tooth are left behind. This causes infections, swelling and pain.
- Injuries to Oral Nerves – During procedures, there are many things that could go wrong. An oral nerve injury is caused when a dentist or an oral surgeon goes too deep in the gums. Some of these are repairable but others are not.
- Root Canal Injuries – This is a very specific kind of dental injury. This can incorporate an oral nerve injury or your root canal becomes infected.
- Complications with Bridges and Crowns – Sometimes there are dentists that are overzealous with bridges and crowns. To get a crown, part of your tooth needs is shaved down. If too much is taken off, the crown won’t stay on your remaining tooth.
- Failure to Diagnose Diseases or Cancers – This is not only done by dentists. Other medical professionals sometimes miss or misdiagnose diseases or cancers. Occasionally, these failures of diagnosis lead to unrepairable injuries or even death.
Why is This Important?
It is important to understand the different paths a dental malpracticecase takes. There are many avenues that you might go down. You need to know what happened to you and what you can do about it.
Our information source is cited in the article. If you were involved in this incident or a similar incident and have questions about your rights and options, call us or another reputable law firm.